NABSTMC Scholarship Fund
Paying for college can be a hardship for many families. Unfortunately many young men and women have difficulty pursuing their educational goals because of financial burdens. For this reason, the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers & Troopers Motorcycle Club (NABSTMC) has created an initiative that assists seniors in high school with their first year of college tuition.
The NABSTMC will provide each of its five Frontiers with $2000.00 in scholarship funds for graduating high school seniors. NABSTMC and the National Scholarship Committee will also award a single $5,000.00 scholarship.
This program is open to any high school senior that meets the requirements above, to include home school, as long as education can be verified. Children of Buffalo Soldiers and/or Troopers are eligible to apply.
Requirements of Each Applicant
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 un-weighted.
- ACT/SAT Scores
- Official High School Transcript (or equivalent if home schooled)
- A 500 word essay on the topics described in the application packet.
- At least one letter of recommendation on official letter head from a teacher, guidance counselor or school administrator, and/or community service organization.
- A letter of acceptance to an institution of higher learning.
- Provide Student’s name, complete name and address of the school, and student ID
- Number. Checks will be mailed to the school via the student’s account.
- A statement from the student and/or parent/guardian explaining financial need.
- A valid address, email and/or phone number so the selection committee can follow-up with the parent or guardian if the student is a finalist.
Summary of the 2017 NABSTMC Frontier Scholarship Winners