Paying for college can be a hardship for many families. Unfortunately many young men and women have difficulty pursuing their educational goals because of financial burdens. For this reason, the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers & Troopers Motorcycle Club (NABSTMC) has created an initiative that assists seniors in high school with their first year of college tuition. Seniors would be eligible for a maximum of $1,000.00 to be used for tuition.
The NABSTMC is broken up into Five Frontiers representing different sections of the country. A sum of $4000 has been set aside for each Frontier to use in the awarding of one $1000 and six $500 scholarships to a qualified graduating high school senior in 2015. The scholarship will be awarded by the National Association payable to the student upon verification that he or she has been accepted and enrolled at a college of higher learning. Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or better, who have applied or been accepted to college will be eligible to apply. The scholarship will be awarded based on financial need, proposed use, and the standing of the candidate in relation to other competitors based on overall qualification, with the most weight focused on the quality of the final essay.
- • Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
• Must be a high school senior or graduate at time of application
.• Must provide a letter of introduction, transcript, and at least one letter of reecommendation.
- • The applicant and parent (or Guardian) must explain the financial hardship that they are experiencing.
• Must be accepted to a four year to two year college program.
• Must write an essay (500 words minimum) from specific topics (See application for details).
Summary of the 2014 NABSTMC Frontier Scholarship Winners
Northeastern Frontier (50 applicants)
• $1000.00 Recipient - Maiya Robinson - New Jersey Mother
• $500.00 Recipient - Norvilia Etienne - Long Island NY
• $500.00 Recipient - Madison Tatum- New Jersey North
• $500.00 Candice Thornton - Maryland Mother Chapter
• $500.00 Dia Wilson - Central Maryland Chapter
Southeastern Frontier (14 applicants)
• $1000.00 Recipient - Sabria Jones from Georgia
• $500.00 Recipient - Kianna Prosser from South Carolina
• $500.00 Recipient - Brittany Dash from Florida
• $500.00 Recipient - Jana Carpenter from Georgia
• $500.00 Recipient – Alexis Wilson from Florida
Central Frontier (15 applicants)
• $1000.00 Recipient - Brandon Diante' Deloach
• $500.00 Recipient - Tatiana Washington
• $500.00 Recipient - Matthew Anderson
• $500.00 Recipient - Kireston Harris
• $500.00 Recipient - Ryan Williams
• $500.00 Recipient – Ashleigh Taylor
• $500.00 Contingency – Jornell Whingham
Great Lakes Frontier (12 applicants)
• $1000.00 Recipient - Jada S. Davis Indiana mother
• $500.00 Recipient - De' Ja Jones Indiana mother
• $500.00 Recipient - Mish T. Mackins SW Illinois
• $500.00 Recipient – Keyon Raeford
• $500.00 Recipient – Kayla Cokrilic
Western Frontier (10 applicants)
• $1000.00 Recipient - Erica Shin - Honolulu, Hawaii
• $500.00 Recipient - Jennifer Torres - Tracy, California
• $500.00 Recipient - Eric Truong - Honolulu, Hawaii
• $500.00 Recipient - Melissa Macabeo
• $500.00 Recipient - Assia Ray